1105 60th Ave. SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404 USA
Honors and Awards
2001- 2012 .
- Midamar is named "Employer of the Year" by Systems Unlimited, a non-profit organization that assists people with disabilities in finding meaningful employment - 2012
- Midamar wins the prestigious Gulfood Award for "Best New Fast Food Innovation" - 2012
- Midamar wins the prestigious Gulfood Award for "Best New Halal Food" for the 2nd year in a row - 2012
- Midamar is the first US company to win the prestigious Gulfood Award for "Best New Halal Food 2011
- Midamar wins USDA "Distinguished Community Service Award" from the USDA's Center for Faith Based and Community Partnerships - 2011.
- Midamar partners with World Franchise Associates and Gulfood to launch first of its kind Franchise Development forum during Gulfood 2010
- President, Bill Aossey invited to the White House by US President Barack Obama and US Commerce Department to provide insight on economic and international expansion programs for the US economy (December,4, 2009)
- Midamar Director Jalel Aossey invited to speak on the American Halal Market at the Fancy Food Show, NYC
- Awarded Iowa Export Award for export and business expansion in 2008
- Received a Distinguished Rating in 2007 from Y.U.M.
- Midamar received recognition for their support and partnership for the 2007 National Humanitarian Day Relief Drive.
- Invited in 2006 by the USDA in Washington, DC to present on the growing international market for Halal food products
- Midamar Director, Jalel Aossey invited as key note speaker for Halal World Expo in 2006 in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- National recognition from Red Cross for Hurricane Katrina Relief in 2005.
- Proud recipient of the Chamber of Commerce's "Bravo Award" for small business development in 2002
- Midamar continues to be a sponsor and trusted Halal food supplier for the annual conferences and conventions hosted by ISNA, CAIR, ICNA, MAS and W.D. Muhammad.
- In 2001, Midamar received the U.S. Secretary of Commerce nomination for District Export.
- In 2000, Midamar received recognition of dedication from the North American Meat Processors Association.
- Iowa FFA Foundation recognition of Silver Sponsor in 1999
- Midamar received Cedar Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce's inaugural International Trade Achievement Award for Excellence in Exporting in 1995
- Midamar received the U.S. Department of Transportation and Merchant Marine Shipping Award in 1994
- Midamar received the Small Business Administration's "S.B.A-Exporter of the Year" Award in 1993
- Midamar received the U.S. President's "E-Star" Award for Export Expansion, the highest award given to USA exporters. Fewer than 200 companies have ever received the “E-Star” award. The E-Star award was presented by President Bush Sr. at the White House in the Rose Garden in 1990
- In 1987 Midamar received the U.S. Secretary of Commerce nomination for District Export.
- Midamar received the U.S. Department of Commerce's "E" Award for Exports in 1984
- Midamar was instrumental in forming the Iowa-Terengganu Sister State programs for which Iowa Governor Terry Branstad officially signed the Iowa-Terengganu, Malaysia Agreement. (1983)
- Midamar twice received the Iowa Governor's Export Award.
- Midamar was invited in 1986 to participate and present a paper on Food and Agriculture at the First International and Economic Forum in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
- U.S. Arab Chamber of Commerce; Founding organizer in 1984; Member of the board of directors
- Midamar participated during the last decade at IMFEX exhibitions and seminars in Singapore.
- Midamar was invited by the Canadian Government's Department of Agriculture to present on the topic of Halal food development in North America.
- Midamar was invited as key note presenter for the National Agricultural Policy Seminar on Global Agricultural Development in Malaysia, the Halal food hub of South East Asia.